What to do?:
- When bird hits the ground, do not catch it immediately and give some time to gain stability on it’s own.
- Put the injured bird in an empty bucket and cover it with cloth until help arrives.
- In case of serious medical emergency you can also contact nearby Veterinary doctor.
- If bird has not received serious cuts and is able to fly, let it go.
- Do not hold the bird tightly.
- During the treatment of injured bird cover it’s eye with soft cloth. This will prevent the handling shock as well.