Advantages of poultry farming are as follows;
- It provide meat and egg which are highly nutritive value with high in protein.
- It provides source of income and opportunities of employment at poultry farms, poultry processing unit, meat and egg marketing channels etc. Quick returns can be expected from the investment.
- In rural areas, since less investment required to start the enterprises, it has attained a status of “cottage industry”.
- In animal and human medical research birds are used as experimental units. Capital investment lower compared with that other livestock operations. Caged birds decrease labour for producer.
- Current genetics in all breeds have improved over the years, allowing the batter meat and egg productions.
- The opportunity exists to contract with large company. Producer provide wholesome poultry products to the consumer.
- Poultry income distributed throughout the year. Adaptable to large and small farms.
- Broilers intake of feed is comparatively very low while it produces maximum possible amount of food for us.
- Poultry is capable of utilizing as its feed large quantities of byproducts like bran, substandard grains, vegetables etc. which normally go as waste, thus saving for the farmer a portion of his expenses towards poultry feed.
- Poultry farming requires very little water for both drinking and cleaning. One liter of water is sufficient for 5 birds for a day. Poultry droppings are rich in nitrogen and organic material and hence, are considered valuable as fertilizers.
- Poultry feathers are also used for making pillows, fancy articles and curios. Poultry products like egg and meat have high nutritional value. Among all edible meat, broiler meat has the least fat content.
- It can also be cooked in its own fat and does not require any from outside. Poultry meat contains more protein and essential amino acids than other meats and are low in its cholesterol content in comparison.
For more details please download the attachment- PPT.