Differences between Active Immunity and Passive Immunity
- Immunity achieved by immunization of host through active infection
- Yes, there is active participation of host immune system
- Takes time in production of specific antibodies and cells
- Duration of immunity is usually for longer period of time
e. g. Tetanus vaccine
- Immunity achieved by transfer of performed or antibodies from immunized individual to non immunized one
- No, there is no active participation of host immune system
- Provides instant protection. No time lag.
- Duration of immunity is only for short time period
e. g. Anti Tetanus Serum
Download the image from attachments.